New Community Vision seeks to broaden housing choices. The disappearance of suitable, affordable housing puts extraordinary stress on millions of people, including families with children.
Working to create a broader range of housing choices and to enable people to choose where and with whom to live.
New Community Vision, LLC’s mission is to facilitate home sharing with people who like each other. We seek to educate the public about the rich potential of a cooperative, neighborly approach to enliven a community. Our strategy of collaboration with congregations and similar organizations enables us to work people who desire safe, secure, and affordable housing. Click here to see How it Works – who does what.
We are piloting this concept in the Chicago Metropolitan area as a template for community building. It can be adapted for use anywhere in the country or even the world. See How it works, 6-step process.
Who needs this?
- Families with children
- Single parents
- Young adults who have aged out of the foster care system
- Men and women living solo
- Those with financial issues
- Grandparents raising grandchildren
- People without family or support systems nearby
- People who simply long to live in a community
- People with mobility issues
- People without access to transportation